Published On: Mon, May 10th, 2021

Ant Middleton delivers a defiant message to Channel 4

Ant Middleton sent a defiant message to his former employers at Channel 4 on Monday, two months after being sacked from SAS: Who Dares Wins for a series of controversies. 

The ex-soldier was told his services were no longer required in March after being met with fierce criticism for hitting out at the Black Lives Matter movement and allegedly using ‘inappropriate comments’ around a female cast-member. 

But Middleton, 40, hit back on social media while filming the Australian version of the show for TV network Channel 7 – who have retained the outspoken star’s services. 

Still standing: Ant Middleton sent a defiant message to his former employers at Channel 4 on Monday, two months after being sacked from SAS: Who Dares Wins f

Taking to Instagram, the father-of-five pictured himself brandishing a large sword while posing with his fellow instructors on location in Sydney.  

Captioning the image, he wrote: ‘Now you can see exactly what I’ve been fighting against the past couple of years! I will always fight for authenticity and against any political agenda forced into my work! I will continue to fight it with a readied sword whilst never being afraid to lead the charge! 

‘Unfortunately I fought this battle alone and you can clearly see now that I was pushed before I jumped… I am not and never will be a YES man so if you want real, then you know where to come! 

Parting ways: Middleton was met with fierce criticism for tweets about the Black Lives Matter movement and allegedly using 'inappropriate comments' around a female cast-member

Parting ways: Middleton was met with fierce criticism for tweets about the Black Lives Matter movement and allegedly using ‘inappropriate comments’ around a female cast-member

‘Huge respect and gratitude to @channel7 here in Australia for giving me back control of my show and making BY FAR the toughest and most authentic show on the planet! So proud to be part of the family!’ 

Middleton’s abrupt departure from SAS: Who Dares Wins, the show he helped launch in 2015, was confirmed by Channel 4 just two weeks before filming for its next series was scheduled to begin. 

A spokesperson for Channel 4 told MailOnline at the time: ‘Ant Middleton will not be taking part in future series of SAS: Who Dares Wins. 

'Can't you thugs see what you're doing?!' Ant previously shared his disappointment at the violence he witnessed at demonstrations in the English capital

‘Can’t you thugs see what you’re doing?!’ Ant previously shared his disappointment at the violence he witnessed at demonstrations in the English capital

'I want to be clear': Middleton later attempted to clarify his comments as he uploaded a video to apologise for his 'inappropriate and offensive' message

‘I want to be clear’: Middleton later attempted to clarify his comments as he uploaded a video to apologise for his ‘inappropriate and offensive’ message

ANT MIDDLETON’S FULL APOLOGY FOLLOWING HIS CONTROVERSIAL COMMENTS ABOUT BLACK LIVES MATTER 

I would just like to clarify a tweet I made this weekend, which I deleted after I realised it could cause offence.  

‘I retweeted a video of the violence, terror and chaos which was happening in the streets of London.

‘At no point was I calling the BLM scum and comparing the two organisations. The word scum was used to describe those who was causing terror and setting a bad example for the future generation.    

‘I was angry and I just wanted to get that tweet out to say it was unacceptable. For people who know me, I’m a people’s person.

‘I love people, I am anti-racist, anti-violence, having lived and seen what violence does to people and countries. I apologise if my tweet came across as offensive, I’m here to push positive change.’

‘Following a number of discussions Channel 4 and Minnow Films have had with him in relation to his personal conduct it has become clear that our views and values are not aligned and we will not be working with him again.’

It came following a report by The Sun that Middleton told a female contestant he wanted to have sex with her while filming the hit show. 

A source claimed his comment were meant to be in jest, but still prompted a member of the show’s production team to complain.

A representative for Channel 4 told the publication that measures are in place so any complaints from staff can be handled confidentially.

Middleton also denied claims of further inappropriate behaviour after it was reported four women had accused him of making ‘lewd and suggestive comments’ on set.

The women approached the media union Bectu, who told The Mirror they are planning to meet with Channel 4 after he dismissed his behaviour as ‘military banter’ during an interview on Good Morning Britain. 

It was also reported that Middleton threatened to quit SAS: Who Dares Wins multiple times and ‘acted like a Hollywood star on the set’ before he was ultimately axed. 

The presenter has ‘wholeheartedly’ denied claims he ‘joked about having sex with a female contestant’ after previously hitting back at claims he made improper comments to female staff. 

A spokesperson for Ant told MailOnline at the time: ‘Ant has worked on TV sets around the world for many years and has never at any point been accused of speaking inappropriately by anyone.  

‘He has only ever been informed of these allegations, which he wholeheartedly and emphatically rejects, via the media. 

‘If anyone felt that he did say anything verbally offensive we would have expected a formal process of review but no such discussion has ever taken place either via any of the networks he works for or via bodies such as Bectu.’

Daredevil: The TV star is best known for his role as the Chief Instructor on the Channel 4's SAS: Who Dares Wins

Daredevil: The TV star is best known for his role as the Chief Instructor on the Channel 4’s SAS: Who Dares Wins

Middleton was also criticised last year for some of his posts about the coronavirus pandemic, saying in March he would carry on with life as usual during the outbreak.

He was reportedly forced to quit his role as the Royal Navy’s Chief Cadet after just nine months, after his controversial ‘scum’ tweet about Black Lives Matter protesters.

The TV tough guy, who took on the role in November, was said to have left his bosses furious after posting the since-deleted tweet, amid protests over racial injustice after the death of George Floyd in the US.

Ditched: A spokesperson for Channel 4 told MailOnline at the time of Ant's axe: 'It has become clear that our views and values are not aligned and we will not be working with him again'

Ditched: A spokesperson for Channel 4 told MailOnline at the time of Ant’s axe: ‘It has become clear that our views and values are not aligned and we will not be working with him again’

On June 14, he tweeted: ‘The extreme left against the extreme right. When did two wrongs make a right. It was only a matter of time. BLM and EDL are not welcome on our streets, absolute scum. What a great example you are to your future generation. Bravo.’

The tweet was in response to a video which claimed to be of ‘BLM/Antifa agitator hunting lone veterans and football lads in packs’. 

Middleton subsequently apologised, releasing a video message, saying: ‘Within that tweet I mentioned the BLM and EDL and the word ‘scum’. At no point was I calling the BLM scum and comparing the two organisations. I want to make that really, really clear.

‘The word scum was used to describe the people in the video that were violent, that were causing terror on the streets of London and setting a bad example for our future generations.’  

Source link

Leave a comment

XHTML: You can use these html tags: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>

Sitemap